Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Multiple profiles

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

We wish to have newbies get a minimal profile on first access. For more experienced and/or special groups of users, we would add selected fields. We would also like to change the 'required' status by profile. It appears that the default profile for new registrants is ALL defined and visible fields.
1. Can we change the default profile ID from '0'?
2. Can we control the required status on individual profiles?
3. Is there a reference on using multiple profiles - not just the bare bones on how to set up?
(JS is on our test site at present)
Thank You

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi John,

1. You need hack the code for this from this file components/com_community/register.php, change the default profileType from 0 to another
2. I dont get this, the required fields only can be done in customize profile as well
3. We only have this doc documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Multiprofiles for how to use multiple profile.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for the info. It really is "fixed" but would like some clarification.

I am comfortable hacking. Am I correct that if I do an upgrade as you release new versions that I will have to redo the hack? This is a detriment since once delivered, 99% of maintenance will be done by non-technical user personnel.

We would appreciate the ability to require in an alternate profile even if not required in the default. An example is if we have a separate profile set up for people participating in a hazardous activity. We would require an emergency contact name and phone for them but merely appreciate it for general registrants.

Regarding documentation. As a new JS user, I have fumbled around trying to understand how to use the product. Your documentation is great (way above industry practice) for specific technical questions. The 'Missing Manual' is a 'How to get Started' or 'What you can do with JomSocial' type of thing. Helpful hints, neat tricks, etc. Would be very nice for someone coming in cold.

Thanks again
John

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

#1 yes you can, but you need re-appy your hack code.. because after upgrading your hacked code will be replaced with the newest code

#2 thank you for your idea, we cant promise to make that doc, but I will try to raise it to the team

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for your answer. I hope my suggestions will appear in a future release!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński