Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrade 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.0.3 issues can't get past "Create Menu Item". (solved)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Guys,

I had this problem with the last update, as per this thread: Here... and in it you had to go in to my database via phpmyadmin and

"Installation done, this issue caused by duplicate entry JomsocilToolbar in your database, I already delete it and re-install again and done."

is what you did.

Could you please do the same for me this time but so I don't have to ask again, even though I had a look last night in the database, I couldn't locate the JomSocialToolbar entry, can you please also advise me of which jomsocial aka com_community table it resides in?

This will then help me to be more self sufficient during future updgrades, if this still is a problem that can't be rectified within the future builds of Jomsocial and I don't have to take your time up then either. :)

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,
Rob

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Robert

Theres an easier slution here
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/132...oes-not-finish#66912

Basically, installer dont find the "JomSocial Toolbar" menu and tries to create new, but it already exist in database :)

Cheers

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Robert.

I done it for you :)

Here is how you can do it by yourself:

1. Just delete in your backend everything that is connected with JomSocial toolbar (first remove menu items, also in trash bin, then remove menu JomSocial toolbar from Menu Manager).

Or

2. Log into your database and in table _menu_types delete menu that is for JomSocial toolbar. Then navigate to _menu and delete all menu items connected to JomSocial toolbar (they all should have jomsocial in menutype column).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robert
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Michal,

Thank you very much for guiding me to 2 ways that I can solve this kind of issue myself in the future.

As it happened, even though you'd kindly upgraded me to 3.1.0.3, it can't have been long after and the system told me there was a 3.1.0.4 update working, so I chose your second way round it in your previous reply to me and VOILA it worked nicely.

However, it takes time to have to re-create the whole jomsocial menu system and toolbar, getting it exactly how one had it prior to any patch update etc... is this always going to be the case, as it can take well over an hour to do and get it back to the previous state.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
Rob

Michal wrote: Hi, Robert.

I done it for you :)

Here is how you can do it by yourself:

1. Just delete in your backend everything that is connected with JomSocial toolbar (first remove menu items, also in trash bin, then remove menu JomSocial toolbar from Menu Manager).

Or

2. Log into your database and in table _menu_types delete menu that is for JomSocial toolbar. Then navigate to _menu and delete all menu items connected to JomSocial toolbar (they all should have jomsocial in menutype column).

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Robert,

Simply, just change the Jomsocial toolbar type in Joomla menu manager to another name, and once the Jomsocial installed well change again the Jomsocial toolbar menu to the original name, but dont forget to delete the newest Jomsocial toolbar first (which will be added after the installation done)

I hope it will help.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński