Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

how to remove private message content from email notification (solved)

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

This site I am building is for a residential home for disabled people - the site is secured with 128 bit encryption. One of the main reason we are using JomSocial is so that health information can be communicated between members securely in a way that is in compliance with the United States Health Information Privacy Act. The private health information that is embedded in JomSocial Private messages cannot be included in the email notification that is sent to alert the recipient of a pending message.

How do I remove the Private Message text from the email notifications?

Jim Capraro

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

Maybe you can show me printscreen, which part would you like to remove? or maybe you can tell me how to replicate the problem :)
Step by step information are very useful for me :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

David,
Thanks for you reply. See the attached screen capture of the mail queue. Look at lines 3 & 7. I have highlighted in yellow how both the title and body of a private message in Jomsocial appear in the notification email. I can't have these appear in the notification email. The notification email can only alert the recipient of a private message that he/she has received one, but I can't have it include the content of the private message.

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

i think (but I am not sure) that we may need to change the code in these two files:

/public_html/mfa2/components/com_community/templates/default/email.inbox.sent.html.php

/public_html/mfa2/components/com_community/templates/default/email.inbox.sent.text.php

But I don't know php programming and I am not sure how to change the code to leave out the Title & Message

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Any progress on this - it has been almost 24 hours since my last post

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

I'm sorry for late reply, i'm still searching which code i must hack for your request :) Please be patient since a lot of code here :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 3 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim,

I already found which code you must change :)

go to ROOT -> language -> en-GB -> en-GB.com_community..

Create a copy of en-GB.com_community and then rename one to en-GB.com_community_BAK..
Open en-GB.com_community (without _BAK)
seacrh "COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_INBOX_SENT" and change

"Hi {target},\n\n{actor} just sent you a new message.\n\nTitle:\n%1$s\n\n%2$s\n\n\n\nYou can also read your new message on the site here:\n\n<a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_>{url}</a>\n\n\nHave a nice day!"

into
"Hi {target},\n\n{actor} just sent you a new message.\n\n\nYou can also read your new message on the site here:\n\n<a href=_QQQ_{url}_QQQ_>{url}</a>\n\n\nHave a nice day!"

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński