Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

email notifications

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

hello, I just migrated from a Joomla 1.5.26 and JomSocial 2.6.3 to Joomla 3.2.1 and JomSocial Professional 3.1.0.2.

Email notifications are not working. I'm pretty sure that my cronjob is set up correctly for two reasons.

• It is set up the exact same way it was set up on my original JomSocial 2.6.3 installation, and it worked there
  • Another JomSocial support staff was helping me on another matter and he logged into the sight and created an account called testing (with a fictitious email address) and he made a friendship request to me. When I accepted it I could see an email entry to send him an email in the mail queue - but that is the only new entry in the mail queue since I performed the migration a couple of weeks ago.

Can you please help me get email notifications working?

Thanks,
Jim Capraro

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jim.

I just tagged test2 on some video and in mail queue there's a mail waiting for sending, so everything seems to work just fine. Or maybe some specific actions does't create an email notification?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

hello Chris,
thanks for your help. I did receive an email telling me that you tagged me in a video. So some emails notifications are working. But I cannot get the site to send email notifications when messages are sent/received. Can you help fix this?

Thanks,
Jim Capraro

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Jim, as far I can see some of your email notifications are disabled in back-end>components>jomsocial>configuration>privacy this's why some of them are not generated. Also as far I can see emails are being send(those which are generated..)..

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Chris,
"Private messages" had the check boxes marked for both "email & notification" and I'm not getting emails when a private message is sent.

So, if you don't mind, let's do a test. I have made sure that privacy setting are all set to "member" and I have placed checks in all of the check boxes for every type of notification that there is. Please take a look to double check this.

Would you please

• send me a friend request - which I will approve
  • and then once we are friends please send me a private message

If you do this I should get two email notices - 1st alerting me to the friend request, and 2nd alerting me to the private message you have sent. And you should get two email notices 1st telling you I have approved your friend request, and 2nd when I reply to your private message.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I just send an friend request and private message and both actions are in mail queue..

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

yes I can see this - thanks so much - so dumb mistake on my part - they are going to my spam mail in yahoo - I'm so sorry to bother you on this. Please forgive me.

I have one last question. should I post it here or start a new topic?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Jim.

No worries :)

We prefer to have seperate threads for everysingle problem, so please create new thread if it's not releated to this one.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks I have already created a separate thread

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Great, then let me close and mark this thread as solved , have a great day! and if you need our further help, please feel free to create a new thread.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Chris,
I'm not getting any response in the new thread. Can you please take a look at it? Or ask David to resume support - it's been almost 24 hours since I answered his last post.

You will find the new thread here:
http://www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/13305-how-to-remove-private-message-content-from-email-notification#67429

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jim.

As far I can see David already replied to your thread :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński