Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

After Installation blank (solved)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bernd
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry about my english.
I installed jomsocial on joomla 3.2.1 (german version, standard template, localhost on local pc to test jomsocial).
The Backend is after Installation away. All zero. The (Backend)-Website ist blank.
What can i do?
Please help. Thanks.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello there

First, you can enable error reporting to see what the error is.
If its not shown, then youll have to start uninstalling extension by extension to see which one is causing the issue.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bernd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

same problem with joomla 3.2.1 and joomla 3.1.5 (german version, on local pc (template "isis" - LOCALHOST) without any extra installed components or modules. i install both versions to test jomsocial now and in both came this:

i make a new tab to see "ijoomlainstaller" and i become this:

>>
Strict Standards: Declaration of ijoomlainstallerAdminController::display() should be compatible with that of JControllerLegacy::display() in G:\xampp\htdocs\AAA\1joomla321-test\administrator\components\com_ijoomlainstaller\controller.php on line 23
<<

Now i check the jomsocial component and begin the process Install and unpacking, preparing etc.

when i click DONE in the end of the process
i see only a blank page in backend. i can´t deinstall or deactivate anything.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Have you enabled error reporting in Joomla?
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Site_is_blank

Please be advised that will be very hard for us to support a localhost installation, therefore, please make your site available online.

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bernd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello, thanks for answer.

i have now installed on a website and it works.
on local pc isnt work (configuration?! xampp? phpini?). what can be the problem? on other installations i have no problems.
do you have a tip what i can do?
Thanks!
Greetings

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Bernd

Have you enabled error reporting on your localhost and what is the errors youre getting.
I really cant guess out of the blue what can be wrong with it.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bernd
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello, thanks for help

The problem was:

cUrl must be ON in php.ini (localhost, xampp)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński