Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Codes in wall: {multiple}{actors}{/multiple}{single}{actor}{/single}

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
In the wall activities text is visible between brackets{} so I have a wall activity like:
Username {multiple}{actors}{/multiple}{single}{actor}{/single} is/zijn lid geworden van de groep

I found several topics about it but i'm not sure what I can do about it. I am a little worried about the sql query, this is a live business site with a lot of visitors so nothing should go wrong.
I can delete all the code in the nl-NL.com.community.ini but I guess that is not the way because the codes are variables?

What can I do about it?

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jose,

For fixing this follow my suggestion below :

1. Please make sure your 3rd party lang eg. nl-NL.com.community.ini is the newest one and support with the newest Jomsocial version
2. Run this query via phpmyadmin to remove the weird tag, because that tag came from old Jomsocial version streams / outdated language version :

UPDATE xxx_community_activities SET title = REPLACE( title,  "{actor}",  "" );
UPDATE xxx_community_activities SET title = REPLACE( title,  "{multiple}",  "" );
UPDATE xxx_community_activities SET title = REPLACE( title,  "{/multiple}",  "" );
UPDATE xxx_community_activities SET title = REPLACE( title,  "{single}",  "" );
UPDATE xxx_community_activities SET title = REPLACE( title,  "{/actor}",  "" );
UPDATE xxx_community_activities SET title = REPLACE( title,  "{/single}",  "" );
* change xxx with your own db joomla prefix
3. make sure you disabaled the outdated 3rd party Jomsocial plugin, maybe this issue caused by that too.
4. If you worries this will break your live site.. please do these steps in your development site first / localhost first.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński