Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Toolbar issues and URLs (solved)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Nikolay
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

When I am on a page which is outside of JomSocial (eg. homepage), toolbar seems to be malfunctioning.
Global notifications javascript link does nothing, pending friends and inbox takes you into jomsocial pages where they do work, no hover pop-up. Any idea on what's wrong?

Also: On pages where the toolbar works correctly. The hover pop-up content seems to be smaller then the window. It's the same on the demo site: socialize.jomsocial.com/ for notifications and messages, you need to scroll when there are no new notifications or too many.. for new friend requests works well, the content fits-to-screen in the window with 1 request. Is there a way to make the pop-up window bigger? So you only need to scroll when there are say 3/4-5 notifications? Not having any and having to scroll is a bit annoying.

Also I want to adjust my URLs:
I've figured out how to get from here:
index.php/jomsocial/inbox
to /jomsocial/inbox
to /network/inbox (network being the new alias, home was already taken by another menu in the root, /home1/ worked, but for some reason /web/ did not and gave a 404, I kept /network/ for now, which I guess is good enough).
It would be nice, however, if I was able to have more direct URLs such as simply:
example.com/inbox - without the need for /network/. Is there a way to do this?

I have seen the sh404sef plugin, and seem's it is/was capable of doing this, but the current addons page for it on jomsocial sais: Compatibility JomSocial 1.6 and I've read a few problem reports with 3.x on their forum. I am guessing their aren't currently compatible?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Nikolay

Can you please upgrade your template and all modules to latest version 1.2.2
It looks like youre still using version 1.0 of the template.

As for removing index.php from links, you will need to use .htaccess file and enable mod_rewrite
docs.joomla.org/Enabling_Search_Engine_F...(SEF)_URLs_on_Apache

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Nikolay
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ok I updated to 1.2.2. Toolbar still not working correctly..

Ye I removed index.php following those steps already, I would like to remove the /jomsocial/ part also.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Nikolay

Can you please elaborate your issues with toolbar further? Im not sure i understand what exactly is the issue? Maybe posting some screenshoots too.

As for removing /jomsocial part too, unfortunately, Joomla won't allow you to do that, otherwise, it wont know how to display a requested page. You can only rename it to something else by changing the alias of a menu item.
I

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Nikolay
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Well... Put simply the toolbar is not working on pages outside of JomSocial...
The global notifications link - does nothing when you click it.
The friend invites and new messages links - instead of producing a pop up window, take you to the actual pages. The links work, but the JavaScript pop-up doesn't seem to. Since Global notifications doesn't have a link, just a javascript attached, nothing happens when it's clicked.
You can see this happening on the Homepage, and on a test page outside of JomSocial.

Can't really take a screenshot, because there is nothing to show.. Sorry. Either the link does not work or takes you to the actual page.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello

I fixed the module and uploaded it to your site

basically, it was missing to load CWindow library on the pages other than JomSocial.
On JomSocial pages, it worked because library is already loaded.

This will be fixed in next release too

Cheers

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikolay
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Nikolay
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Great! Thank you!

About my other question - is it possible to adjust the size of the pop-up window? I would prefer if you didn't need to scroll if you have no new notifications, would sure look nicer all in all I think.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Nikolay

We are aware of this issue and working on the fix for it.
Will provide it as soon as its available.

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikolay
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński