Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Proper way to upgrade from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Keith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have Jomsocial 2.6.2 and want to upgrade to 2.6.3. Can I just install the component? or do I have to uninstall 2.6.2 first?

What about all the 2.6.2 modules and components I use. Do those need to be uninstalled or disabled? What is the process for those?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Keith.

Here's our documentation about upgrading from such old verions like JomSocial 2.6 > documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Updatin...d_JomSocial_Versions

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Keith
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes, I have read that link, but it doesn't specifically cover the 2.6.2. to 2.6.3 scenario.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hm...There was a update package for 2.6.2>2.6.3 however since it's really outdated version, then I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it. I think you can simply install the whole JomSocial 2.6.3 package, and then proceed with the other steps of upgrading.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Keith
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

"the other steps of upgrading"
...and what are those exactly?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Eh as far I can see, you now updated the thread's name...Before that it was 2.6.2>2.6.2 so I was assuming you want to upgrade to the latest 3.1.0.2 version. But if you want to upgreade only to 2.6.3 then you can simply install the 2.6.3 package, and it should do the trick.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Keith
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Chris. And if I do want to upgrade from 2.6.3 then I use the iJoomla installer? But where do I get that? The download link on that "upgrade from old versions" page doesn't lead anywhere.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

You can get iJoomla installer by simply downloading the latest package from your account page here > www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński