Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Changing from cloud instance to Proinstall

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
I recently trialled Jom Social using the instant cloud hosting and today I purchased 3.1 Pro. I have been following the instructions for installation but I think I am getting confused as my admin site was set up with theladylibrary.jomsocial.me
I have been able to download the pro edition files from my account....but i am not sure from here.
I log in to theladylibrary.jomsocial.me/administrator , go to Extensions, extension manager and upload managed file. It does complete but the next steps to not appear.
Also, I have a hosted sever for theladylibrary.com. Where do I enter in the new hosting info?
Thanks......sorry this may be a bit basic but just getting my head around it.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ryan.

I'm a little bit confused since as far I can see JomSocial is already installed on your domain, and it's working just fine. And about changing domain, you can do it on your account page here > www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Chris.

Jom Social is installed on the instant cloud access domain theladylibrary.jomsocial.me, however I want to now use theladylibrary.com

Is the instant cloud access just a trial hosting platform? I assuming I will need to purchase Joomla hosting platform like cloud access.net

thanks
Ry.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Exactly, or some other hosting :) the decision about server is up to you, just make sure to meet our minimal requirments mentiomed here > documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/System_Requirements

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ryan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Chris. I have gone to cloudacess.net and working through their options for hosting. It'sall coming together now. Thanks for you help!

Ry:)

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

No Problem :) and since the issue is resolved then let me close and mark this thread as solved , have a great day! and if you need our further help, please feel free to create a new thread.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński