Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't edit or create custom profile fields in backend

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I don't know since when exactly but for a while I cannot edit anymore my custom profile fields in the backend. I think it is since my upgrade to the latest Jomsocial version.
When clicking on a field, usually a popup window opens with the edit possibility. Now, when clicking on the field, nothing happens.
The same also when I try to create a new field or even group.

Must be some CSS/jquery issue.
I noticed EXACTLY the same issue with another site of mine where I installed Jomsocial (latest version)
I need urgent help with that!
Thank you!

Jomsocial version 3.1.0.1
Joomla! 2.5.17

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Roland.

First of all you can check if the problem is also happening on fresh Joomla/JomSocial install, or on our community page/demo site. If the problem is not happening there, then most likely this's a javascript problem caused by one of your custom extension and not by our code. To find this problematic extensions you may try two things, a)set your site under maintenance mode, and try to disable all extensions exept of those listed below. In such way you should be able track this problematic extension. b)If your site is live, and you can't set it under maintenance mode, then you can try to create an duplicate of your site, then upload it on some dev domain, and there proceed with debuging.

Authentication - Joomla!
User - Joomla!
Azrul System Mambot For Joomla
jomsocial facebook connect

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I disabled pretty all plugins (except for the essential ones) - there should be nothing else interfering. I have that issue in backend - not frontend, so why should I disable components?
There must be something else causing this issue.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Roland.

Everytime I try to edit cutom profile I got this javascript error "azcommunity is not defined" which is not happening on our demo/community page, so it've to be caused by one of your extension. But I remember there was similar problem(not exact one...) and it was solved with reinstallation,so could you try to reinstall JS ?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I tried what you said on another site (not live yet) and disabled all components and still did not work. I went in Firefox in the debugger and it throws hundreds of errors such as this...

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just reinstalled on my test site - and it fixed the problem. But I am reluctant to reinstall on my live site since I did so may custom changes.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Those are errors which comes from your template's javascripts, I found this thread on google > stackoverflow.com/questions/18454404/ace...n-ace-general-things Like I said, it's javascript problem we know this for sure, also it's not happening on fresh install of Joomla and JomSocial, so it've to be caued by one of your extensions, I know such errors are difficult to diagnose, but if you could set some test site to check if the problem will happen on fresh Joomla/JomSocial install, then we'll know for 100% that we must find which one extension is causing this problem.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński