Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Migrating joomla 2.5. to 3.2

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Romulo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi there,

I know jomsocial do not support joomla issue, just a couple of question:

I'm planin migrate my site from joomla 2.5.17 to joomla 3.x i have last jomsocial, and all my extension are joomla 3.x compatible

I'd like to kow about any experience you guys have, and what is the best option to do:

1-migrate normal as joomla update component suggest
2-Create a new joomla 3.x site and import users

I need you suggestion, because import new users can work but all conections maybe will be lost.

Please waiting for your answer.

Best regards

Romulo Ruiz

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

How you approach it is up to you, however, if not all of your extensions are joomla 3x compatible than you should think whether it's worth to migrate, knowing they won't work there and you won't be able to use them. You could also find replacements, similar extensions with joomla 3 support. As for migrations, here are docs on it, they include videos too: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Getting_Started_Documentation

Thanks

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Romulo
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński