Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Batch update of users

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

We have an old 'Customer Relationship Manager' - ResultsPlus. We have several thousand individuals in this database and want to populate Jomsocial with them.. Since we will want historical data in addition to new information from Events Booking, Membership Pro and Joomdonation - using their Jomsocial compatibility - we want to populate Jomsolcial with many, eventually most, of these people. We can produce the data in Excel, csv, an SQL relation or whatever may be useful. Is there and batch process to do such a load? I anticipatethat this also would populate the Joomla! JML_USERS We would hope to populate fields we have added to the Jomsocial standard but, if necessary, we could load later.

Thank you
John McCall

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you have a site and a base of clients who's data like, name, email, and some other custom fields and would like to move all those users to JomSocial. Well, such import is not possible out of the box, I mean there's no feature that would handle it. However, you could create JomSocial multiprofiles and all those fields to match the fields on original user data and have a developer (if you can't) import the data basically with a query right into the db.

That way you'd have all users moved to JomSocial. I'm not sure about the passwords, though. But that's something you should consult with the developer. I can recommend oDesk devs: jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

I hope that helps.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for the quick response. Another question: I have looked at the CUser documentation, $cuser->getinfo('FIELD_CODE') will be very useful. Is there any equivalent the other direction, perhaps a setinfo(id,'FIELD_CODE'). Sure would be a lot easier than coding all the SQL in PHP! Of course, i could write a function but CUser functionality would be nice.

On my question yesterday, I think a solution is a Joomla extension called userport that adds users to the jml_users. This will, I think, make the users known to Jomsocial and I can then update other fields (with setinfo ?? ;-} )

Thanks, John

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

The setInfo things only for save the specific field code with specific value, for the detail of code you can look at components/com_community/libraries/user.php, look function public function setInfo($fieldCode, $value)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński