Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

WSOD White Screen on Backend after Install Jomsocial 3.1.0.1

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

This is to continue thread: www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...jomsocial/edit/63519

Just figuring out options of jomsocial before getting to productivity I actually do use the software on a testsystem.
To figure out the problem of WSOD in admin I completely deleted the whole joomla installation an made a brand new setup as previously mentioned from your side.
Direcly after installing joomla 3.2.1 I installed jomsocial with the last version "com_community_pro_3.1.0.1".

There are no menutitems below Jomsocial in the tree. Clicking on the only jomsocial link in admin I do get a WSOD. Error reporting is enabled but there is no error showing up.
Clicking on iJoomla Installer leads me to a screen as shown on the attachement.

What I did then:
Again as previously mentioned I disabled "jomsocial update" within phpmyadmin and at least I do get back admin ability. There are no menutitems below Componentzs >> Jomsocial.

It would be highly recommended if you would try to retrace this bug as soon as possible.

best regards

Uwe

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Uwe

can you please modify the first post and provide access to database and FTP as well? I need to do some additional checking.

Also, can you upgrade your PHP to latest version of PHP 5.3 which is php 5.3.27?

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

hi,

all information is debited to the previous entry in the comment field.
php 5.3.10 is installed. php 5.3 is the requirement. Do you think the error is getting to this point?

cheers, Uwe

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Uwe

It doesnt necessarily means it does, but it easily can be.
I remember when PHP 5.3.10 and 5.3.11 were active versions people were reporting some issues.
So i would start with that

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Sinisa,

php is now "PHP Version 5.5.7"
After the update I deinstalled all Jomsocial and the iJoomla Installer.
I then installed the iJoomla installer again. opening the iJoomla installer now offers the following error:

Strict Standards: Declaration of ijoomlainstallerAdminController::display() should be compatible with JControllerLegacy::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = Array) in /var/www/administrator/components/com_ijoomlainstaller/controller.php on line 0

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Uwe

That is just a strict standard PHP warning. Its not an error and it hapens because your error reporting is to restrictive showing even minor notices that have no impact on the usability whatsoever.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński