Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Help with preparations for upgrade

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Trude
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I upgraded jomsocial, but chose to restore the site due to unexpected work and downtime. I want to be able to do as much as possible beforehand. So I have a lot of stupid questions for you ;)

I need to translate a lot, and wonder whether I can upload the new language files prior to upgrade? And do I upload them all in the public language folder, or some in the admin folder?

Also, I need to be ready to change or at least remove the login/register photo(!). Where do I do this? Can this be done prior to upgrade? If you give me the location beforehand, I can be ready to delete it..

Most important: I need to remove the modules showing under the registration box, It's important that non-members don't have any access to neither images or names. Where do I do this? They are not showing prior to upgrade, but it's been ages since I removed them.

Thank you!

BTW.. Can you think of anything else that changes a lot from the 2.6.2 version, that i can be ready for? :)

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Trude,

Sorry, I dont really get with your all your questions, can you provide me with more infomration please? I will be happy if you provide with screenshoot and with number points of your question too.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński