Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

BIG PROBLEMS with upgrade and registration/facebook

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gregor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I tried to upgrade jomsocial from version 3.0.5.1. to the latest but i keep getting this error:

An error has occurred.
-1 Copy file failed

After i hit the update for jomsocial.

Another problem i'm having from the day i have setuped everything, it's at registration, and when logging in i keep gettin the error message: Seasion expired and i need to retry to get in or to register.

The same is with facebook, it does not work at all.

Now my website has only been modified in the template, but jomsocial component is completely unmodified and can be freely updated or fixed.

So please, if you can update my jomsocial to the latest version, and fix that session expired error. Also if i write wrong password it shows me red error site instead, but it should show the normal frontpage instead of that error.

Please fix my issues as this is not working for me and i dont know what to do, the launch of the site is delayed for more than half a year because of that and it is still not working.

Again please fix the issues so that i could launch the site.

Thank you in advance

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gregor
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Also please change the setting at the videos, images, groups and events so that will show All by default,... currently if i click on images it first shows my images and i need to click: "All Images" to see the others, please only switch this so that All Images, All Videos, All groups and All events will be shown to users as default, and they can then click to see their own..

Thank you in advance

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Gregor,

I see this error message in your Joomla backend :

Error
Your host needs to disable magic_quotes_gpc to run this version of Joomla!

seems this issue caused by that, can you disable "magic_quotes_gpc" first please?

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gregor
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello, ... magic_quotes_gps was always disabled i never enabled it.. and i also triple checked that it's disabled. but that is not causing any issue of the ones i told you about.

Because those issues i'm having from the time i've bought your jomsocial and i'm breaking my head trying to fix but doesnt work and doesnt work....

So please check it and fix it for me...

Also please update my jomsocial to the new latest version as i tried and it doesnt let me... i chmoded everything properly to 777 you can check in my joomla/jomsocial backend at permissions check, and it didnt let me update.

So please do it for me as fast as you can as the launch of the site is already delayed for so long... :/

Thank you in advance

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gregor
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello can you please help me i dont know what to do anymore... i bought it so long ago and still cant launch, cant update and nothing... can you please take some time and fix this for me? and upgrade to the latest version as for me that doesnt work at all.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gregor
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

You have problem with the tmp file, each new file in your tmp file always have permission 755, which it should 777..

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Gregor,

I have replied to your other post and my reply is relevant to this issue, Please read and consider the suggestions i have provided to you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński