Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

2.8 causes white screen

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

hi guys
i am doing a tier upgrade on another website of mine (i have a developer licence) and have been following your directions for upgrade, however, i have just gotten to the "2.8" stage and the site has gone to a white screen.

I am wanting to get it onto joomla 3+ and the latest jomsocial but am now stuck

can you assist... i tried looking through the forums, but all posts ended up with you guys assisting the installs.

please note - login info is for my site listed in additional sites, but is not the main one!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi robert

please take a look here
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Site_is_blank
Then disable all jomsocial modules before you upgrade them too :)

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

LEGEND!

thanks Sinisa... was the jomsocial extended photos module causing the problem.

cheers!

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

No, it was latest members module :)

You should uninstall all of them
JS 3 will install new automatically

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Sinisa

all went well with the upgrade to joomla 3... but i have just installed the latest version of jomsocial via the installer and jomsocial is throwing up this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/guide/public_htmlDScomponentsDScom_communityDSlibrariesDScore.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guide/public_html/plugins/community/log/log.php on line 11

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/guide/public_htmlDScomponentsDScom_communityDSlibrariesDScore.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/guide/public_html/plugins/community/log/log.php on line 11

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hey Sinisa!

i have managed to get it all working well - there is an issue that pops up when i try and delete a group via the admin/nitifications... this is the error message that comes up

1054 Unknown column 'groupid' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT `id` FROM `lb8q3_community_files` WHERE `groupid` = '97'

any idea?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Yeah

You are missing the column groupid in table b8q3_community_files as error implies
Use the phpmyadmin to add that column an youll be all sorted out
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/122...o-delete-group#61753

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thanks - but all of that is foreign to me.

my frontend of the website is showing white screens on profile page etc, so the ijoomla installer didnt really work :(

can you please have a look for me.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

White screens are not necessarily meaning that component which shows them is faulty
Have you enabled error reporting? (i gave you the link for that few replies earlier)

Also, i can not do anything with the database if i dont have access to it. Please modify your first post and provide full database access too

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thanks - actually - i wrote in the initial post about password access to database :) its the same as the details provided as i thought you may need it back then - lol

thanks heaps! :)

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Robert

Ive been looking really hard, but i cant seem to find the way to access your database.
You didnt provided any CPanel info, nor any direct database access link.
Can you please check your opening post again?

Also, you do have the developer edition, but you renewed it only for one domain, hence you can not enter others.
I will continue delivering support for your other domain regarding this subject, but be advised, that if you need support for other domains too, you need to renew your developer license for each of them.
Only then youll be able to do this

Thanks

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

hi

thanks - looks like i figured out the issue - the "twitter" jomsocial plugin is causing the problem. so i have just kept that turned off.

i am now on to other topics about videos etc in other posts.

just so you know - i HAVE purchased a developer package, which includes UNLIMITED domains... these domains ARE listed in my account - so i am not sure why your not seeing them... i can see them all fine. it allows me to select a "main" domain, then a second box has a list of domains that are covered.. :)

thanks for the assistance - appreciate it - see oyu on the other forum posts i'm sure! lol

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Robert

Developer license entitles you for only 5 domain support with unlimited domain installation.Please take a look www.jomsocial.com/pricing
Go take a look at your account area too. There is a support domain field.
Once you first time buy developer license, you will get 5 fields of this kind, with ability to renew every single one individually
And thats what happened.
You renewed only one and that costed you $84,80
A little common sense implies that we can not offer unlimited support for 85$ but we do allow you to install it on unlimited number of domains.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński