Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

[SOLVED]Any way to add additional email validation field to registration?

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

About 50% of the help tickets I get from users on my site sre from people who never got a validation email because they typed in their email address wrong. Is there any way to add a second field for them to confirm their email address that validates against the first entry? I can't find anything in search, but it sure would be nice if someone has already thought of this.

10 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Sorry, this is impossible by default, we dont have engine to check the email alraedy exist or not... actually this is human error, you should really make sure the user fill correct email.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

lol, well thanks for the awesome advice to make sure the users type in their emails correctly. Wish I'd thought of that!

Come on, that's silly. The whole point is that I have no way of making sure they do that, and they mess it up all the time. It should go on your feature request list - to add a second email verification field to help users avoid this simple mistake.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Thank you for your suggestion, but I cant promise this fetaure will be available :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński