Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Trouble with payment & signup

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • raymond
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am currently upgrading from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 and the latest version of Jomsocial. i'm having issues with the integration between the jomsocial registration and the payment processing. My site is not a "free" now, "upgrade" later site. The payment processing is done at the beginning. The problem is both Zombaio and Jomsocial require the creation of a username and password but after the payment is processed and the user is redirected to the site they're not able to complete the jomsocial registration process because it's not recognizing them as "new" members. They have to then go to the Edit Profile page in order to fill out the required information. I've spoken to Zombaio about a solution but they were stumped. I can't put the payment processing as the final step because if the user exits out before the payment is made the username and password created in Jomsocial will allow them to log in with full access. Is there a way to fix this and have the new users make the payment then fill out all the required profile info or keep Jomsocial from injecting the username and password into the site before the payment is made? Or even removing the creation of the username and password during the Jomsocial registration process?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Raymond

We generally do not support hacks, as jomsocial doesnt have these features to begin with
Im not sure what Zombaio is eith, i can only suggest you a proper Joomla subscription tool that works with jomSocial out of the box
www.jpayplans.com

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • raymond
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Sinisa,

I don't know what your talking about, what do you mean by hack? Maybe i didn't explain my issue correctly. Zombaio is a payment processor. That is the company handling the billing for my site users. The problem that i'm having is when a new users signs up to my site they are first directed to pick there membership. Then they are redirected through the Zombaio registration process to enter their username and password and then pay for the membership they selected. After the payment has been processed they are then directed to the members area instead of the Jomsocial registration process to answer the customized profile questions i created in Jomsocial admin. They then have to go to Update My Profile to answer the Jomsocial customized profile questions. I'm trying to find out how to have it redirected to the Jomsocial registration process instead of the members area. I spoke to Zombaio and they have no clue how to fix this problem.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Im talking about this

The problem that i'm having is when a new users signs up to my site they are first directed to pick there membership.

JomSocial does not have such feature, so it is either a hack, or some third party component. In both cases, we do not provide support for any.
I have suggested you the component you can use to tackle this, though im not sure they are having the integration with your payment processor.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński