Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

User is enabled but not activated

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi there,

When a user registers on the site (NB I now have New User activation set to none in Joomla settings) the user is Enabled but not Activated. Why is this and what does it mean in terms of what the user can and can not do? More how I can get them to automatically be activated?

I not when I a user registers in through core joomla registration they are both activated and enabled..which makes more sense.

Thanks

Daniel

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Daniel

Its because you have set activation to "None"
If you set users to activitate their account via emails, then this toggle will have effect once they done it.
Also, this is more of a question for Joomla folks as JomSocial does not handle activation of users. (it looks like it does, but reality is, it doesnt)

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sorry that does not make sense.

I do not want an email activation. I want them to register on the front end and log in straight away. Hence I want them to to be both enabled and activated automatically. If Is set this parameter as I have to "None" and then use Joomla core registration then the user can register on the front end and log in being both enabled and activated at the same time. So I don't think you can pass it off as a Joomla issue.

However when I set it to none and register with Jomsocial the user is enabled but not activated. This leads me to believe it is either a) a Jomsocial issue not a Joomla one b) something else in the config. Would you not agree?

I believe this is a bug in Jomsocial and I also think that although the Joomla admin state of the user shows the user as not activated that user is still shown as approved in both Jomsocial dashboard and also that user is still able to log in regardless. So it is wierd behavior showing the user as not activated but being able to log in isn't it. Hence the second part of my earlier message asking what not being activated actually should mean?

Kind Regards

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi, I'm having the same problem as the OP (though I haven't tried core registration, as I am using JomSocial registration).

This is the Joomla tooltip for New User Account Activation: If set to None, the user will be registered right away. If set to Self, the User will be emailed a link to activate their account before they can log in. If set to Admin, the user will be emailed a link to verify their email address, then all users set to receive system emails and who have the permission to create users will be notified to activate the user's account.

So, using "None" should cause the user to be both enabled and activated when they have registered.

I will be debugging JomSocial/Joomla right now, as I need it to work properly TODAY!! I'll post the fix here once I have it.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Fix for JomSocial 3.1.0.1, tested both locally and on a production server:

In components/com_community/controllers/register.php, change line 415:

$user->set('activation', JApplication::getHash(JUserHelper::genRandomPassword()));
to this:
		if ($useractivation == 0)
			$user->set('activation', '');
		else
			$user->set('activation', JApplication::getHash(JUserHelper::genRandomPassword()));

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Dan

I will let the developers know about this, but it is not really big priority, as it don't really impact anything.
We will fix this in next versions.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
  • Brad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa wrote: Hello Dan

I will let the developers know about this, but it is not really big priority, as it don't really impact anything.
We will fix this in next versions.

Sinisa,

Thanks for your help but I must stress that this is a huge issue. When you aren't using activation emails users who register through JomSocial cannot access the site. Users who use the default Joomla registration are automatically activated.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi there Brad

I dont think that is true
I have just created the user on a site without email activation enabled and i can login with it perfectly fine.
For Joomla, it is enough for user object to be enabled in order to login if activation is needed.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_4lJm78LjE
If you still have the issues with login at your site, please, start your own topic and we will inspect it directly.

Thank You

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński