Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Way out of my league, I need help

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tiffany
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hello!
I feel really dumb, but I am wanting to try to do this. I paid for and downloaded JomSocial and Socialize. I have the folders, but I have no idea where to start. After going through many posts, I see that I must have Joomla downloaded. Where do I get this? Do you have a support document for beginners with no computer experience? Do you have a support phone number?
Thank you!
Tiffany

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi Tiffany

While I don't like to hear you're having difficulties, I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I'm really struggling too. I've posted but haven't heard back.

Michael

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiffany
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tiffany
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you for your response!! I'm sorry you are having problems too!! I wish there was a phone number that we could call! I have yet to find it! I went through my go daddy domain and I downloaded Joomla to my site. I'm pretty much stuck after that. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos, but I'm still lost. Let me know if you get anywhere! I'm going to give up today and try again tomorrow. Hopefully someone can help us after the holiday!

Good luck to you and Happy New Year!! Keep in touch!

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tiffany
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Okay, I am doing a bit better. I am in my portal under the iJoomla installer. The License number was pre-populated along with my expiration date. When I hit the blue install button I get this message: This license is invalid. Please contact us for more information! So I am attempting to contact you for more information. Please help. I would like to get this installation going.

Thank you.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

It sounds like you've made good progress but have hit another hurdle. I've been able to install successfully, but then the site looks all over the place and I don't know what to do from there. I find waiting for answers to rectify this frustrating.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Happy New Year to you too!

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Michael

Your issue is handled in your own thread. Please try not to merge into other peoples postsas it only increases the administration bandwidth.

Thank You for understanding.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Tiffany

Welcome aboard and thanks for choosing JomSocial.
Sorry for the slow response, but most of our team is on holidays right now, and there is only few hours left till the new year eve for me, so responses might be delayed during festive days.

Let me try to handle your queriess to best of my knowledge.
JomSocial, is the component for Joomla.
If you never used Joomla before that is one of the most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) today used by millions.
It is designed to be easy to use for all and can work without JomSocial pretty much fine. Its also a free (in license and price) software everyone can download and use www.joomla.org/

Please, be advised that we do not develop and hence do not support Joomla.
Joomla is developed by volunteers and its support for it is handled on their respective forum forum.joomla.org/
Installation instructions, setting up joomla modules, plugins, templates etc... are all out of our support scope
There is plenty of Joomla tutorials and documentations you can read here docs.joomla.org/

Now, as for JomSocial, it is our software that installs IN joomla.
Consider Joomla to be like Windows, and JomSocial just a software for that you install on Windows. I cant find a better analogy.
JomSocial is not the only addon you can install in Joomla. There are over 7000 extensions right now served on the Joomla extension directory extensions.joomla.org/
Thats a lot of possibilities right :)

IHope that makes sense for you.
I have tried to login at your site and install JomSocial for you, but i am not able to login at the backend of it. Can you please check provided credentials in your first post of this thread

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tiffany
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tiffany
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you Sinisa,

I understand it is the holiday and I hope you get to party for the New Year. I am a teacher, so I have a bit of free time to figure this out, so I hope I'm not annoying you. Thank you for taking the time to describe Joomla. I did connect Joomla through my godaddy domain, iPicChange.com. I'm stuck on getting JomSocial connected. I followed your visual instructions and I am in the admin (backend) of ipicchange.com titled My portal under the iJoomla installer. I previously installed the iJoomla installer and that is working. I am trying to link JomSocial registration through the iJoomla installer. The License number was pre-populated along with my expiration date. When I hit the blue install button I get this message: This license is invalid. Please contact us for more information! So I am trying to figure out why the pre-populated license number is inaccurate OR not being accepted. I did purchase JomSocial, but I do not see the license number anywhere. Please let me know the next step when you are available.
Thank you!
Happy Holidays!

PS. I didn't mean to get Michael in trouble, the thread format to me implies that anyone could help each other. I found comfort knowing I wasn't the only one. I saw that 5 people viewed my help, but did not respond and I was wondering why. Anyway, we are both new and are getting to know your policies. Sorry for the disruption.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Tiffany and happy new year.

JomSocial is GPL software and at the end of the day it does not require license to begin with
License is only there to "tell" the script what version do you use.

That being said, you dont even have to use iJoomla installer to install JomSocial. You can simply install it as any other joomla component (the same way you have installed installer)

The download package you can get from your account area (where the license number is by the way) contains both ijoomla and standard jomsocial installer. You can simply use the jomsocial installer to install it directly through Joomla extension manager.

I would be happy to do it for you, but i cant access your site.

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tiffany
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I can get in with tfixter and Carole123. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I still can't get it. I've hired extra help from Craigslist, but I can't meet with him until this is installed. Please let me know.

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tiffany
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I still can't figure it out. I'm going to log out of the admin so you can log in. I'm sorry!!

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tiffany
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I get in through this link: www.ipicchange.com/portal/administrator

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Tiffany

I have installed JomSocial 3.1.0.1 at your site and have deleted all the posts where you left your site access publicly :)

Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński