Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Wrong name and email address in notification email footer

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

After I recently updated Jomsocial, I noticed a gazillions errors, one of these is the following:

When a user (user 1) sends a private message to another user (user 2), user 2 receives an email with the message but in the footer it provides the wrong name and email.
It shows:
"This email was sent from user 2 (email user 2) to email user 2. If you do not wish to receive these emails from XXX, you can unsubscribe here."

I attached a screenshot to show.

I already checked the forum for a fix but could not find any.
Can anybody help?

My settings:

Joomla 2.5.17
Jomsocial 3.1.0.1

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Roland

Sorry for slow response, but most of our team is on holidays so your patience is appreciated.
i have tried to look at this but i cant seem to replicate it.

For the temporary fix, i have created the patch file which will change "Sent from X to Y" to just "Sent for Y"
Please backup the files that are going to be replaced and just replace them with the ones attached in the zip

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you very much Sinisa,
This does a quick fix, indeed.
However, in the email.php file, something is really wrong, because I cannot get the sender's ID. So, any customization is not possible since only the recipient's ID is seen as the "current user".
Please check into it (after New Year ;-)
Happy New Year!

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Roland

Happy new year to you
Ill pass this to devs as soon as everyones back from holidays.

Cheers

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński