Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Links not converted in messages

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I recently updated to the latest Jomsocial version and now links in messages (in message board) are not converted into hyperlinks anymore.
Although I use a custom template, it is not related to the template since I switched back to the JS default template and it still does not show properly. I attached a screenshot to show.

My version:
Joomla 2.5.17
Jomsocial 3.1.0.1

Please help to fix this.
Thanks

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Roland

JomSocial message feature has never ever did this to begin with.
You have probably used a third party plugin to achieve this in older version and that plugin simply isnt comatible anymore.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

O dear! Well, then I have to figure that out.
Curious, why Jomsocial does not implement that. It's 1990s technology to have as much clickable stuff (including images in text). I understand that Javascript and other security risks should be avoided but simple hyperlinks and images and styling should be enabled. Anyway, suggestion for next Jomsocial version.
Cheers,
:-)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Roland
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Just a quick update. I fixed it. Very easy solution.

For anybody who also needs it:

open the file inbox.message.php in your template folder ("default" or whatever you use)

and find the line (around line 34):
<?php echo $msg->body; ?>
and exchange with:
<?php echo html_entity_decode($msg->body); ?>

That's it!
Cheers,
Roland

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Roland

Thanks for the update.
We will consider parsing links in future updates

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński