Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error connecting to the server: %s

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Dana
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am trying to install this ext on a test site for testing before I put it on my live site. The domain path is techbranchdev.com/OnlineFishingTournamentLive/ So I put techbranchdev.com/OnlineFishingTournamentLive/ on the listed domains I plan to install this ext on under my account, my downloads! When I go to install using the ijoomla installer I get this error (Error connecting to the server: %s Invalid URL). I also tried just using the main domain of techbranchdev,com with the same error. Please advise on what can be causing this issue.

Also if I change the list under Domains you wish to install this product on do I need to re-download the software. (does it modify the download package based on sites you have listed?)

Thanks,
Dana

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dana.

Could you try to install JomSocial with installation package? As far I know we've some problems with the installator, so I strongly recomend to try with standard installation package.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Dana
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Can you send me the link for standard installation method. I am only seeing instructions for installing using the installer. I am installing for first time on joomla 2.5 site. Thanks,
Dana

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dana.

Please check this document > documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Installation

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Dana
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This link you sent is how to install using the installer, you said to install without using installer. What is the procedure to install without using the installer?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dana.

Bassicaly our Old documentation about installation explains how you can install jomsocial with extensions manager and our installation package.

Here's the link to documentation documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Installation_of_JomSocial_2.8

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński