Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Jomsocial v3.1 Update Available Message in CPL

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am having an issue the last day or so where I am getting the "Jomsocial update available" in the toolbar of my Joomla installation. However, when I go into the native Jomsocial CPL it says I'm up to date:

Attachment jomsocial1.JPG not found

I had seen this with earlier version, but it was always an XML file missing or the Jomsocial server needed updating etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments:
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Steve

JomSocial 3.1.0.1 has been released. Please allow our cloud server up to several hours to update itself with nev version info.
meanwhile, you can download the version 3.1.0.1 from your account.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve
10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Sinsia, where is the patch ? i can't find it

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa wrote: Hello Steve

JomSocial 3.1.0.1 has been released. Please allow our cloud server up to several hours to update itself with nev version info.
meanwhile, you can download the version 3.1.0.1 from your account.

Just a recommendation: please consider labeling the downloads with the version number so we know that there is actually a new version. Right now it is just "Jomsocial Professional" so there is no way to know there is an actual new version.

Thanks!

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Steve

There are some limitations in our cart system that does not allow us to use version numbers in download file name :(
Well try to tackle this in the future.

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa wrote: Hello Steve

There are some limitations in our cart system that does not allow us to use version numbers in download file name :(
Well try to tackle this in the future.

Thanks

Understood. Perhaps simply a label on the "My Downloads" page that says "This is version XXX" when the user goes to get it?

Or, alternatively, simply tell the update plugin to not pop up for 24 hours after a new version or something so we don't chase our tails trying to figure out what the problem is.....;)

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Well basically when plugin pops out that there is a new version, it simply means there is a newer version than one youre using.
Plugin uses xml file to check for new version (for compatibility reasons with old jomsocial versions) while component uses plain txt file so it can happen that those are not always synced at the same time, or txt got cached somewhere, but usually in less than 24h they will be synced.
Bottom line, whenever there is a new version information, it means simply that new version is available.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa wrote: Well basically when plugin pops out that there is a new version, it simply means there is a newer version than one youre using.
Plugin uses xml file to check for new version (for compatibility reasons with old jomsocial versions) while component uses plain txt file so it can happen that those are not always synced at the same time, or txt got cached somewhere, but usually in less than 24h they will be synced.
Bottom line, whenever there is a new version information, it means simply that new version is available.

Today I get the popup in my Joomla CPL that says there is a Jomsocial update available.

Even though it is clickable, clicking on it does nothing.

So, I manually go to the Jomsocial panel, go to "Tools" and "Updates". The notification is still at the top of the screen, but I click on the update checker from WITHIN Jomsocial.

I get a message that says I have the latest version of v3.1.0.1.

Huh???

I manually download and install v3.1.0.2. It installs and works fine (other than breaking the friend request thing in a separate thread) but this update issue is still not quite right....

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Steve

I think i already replied you here :)

Sinisa wrote: Well basically when plugin pops out that there is a new version, it simply means there is a newer version than one youre using.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sinisa wrote: Hi Steve

I think i already replied you here :)

I understand this mechanism, but I have never seen an extension that has a lag like this. The system plugin knows there is an updated, but the component itself does not?

Odd.....

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Its because several factor affect this behavior

1. We use CDN which sometimes deliver content at different times to different parts of the universe :)
2. There are old update text file and new xml update file format. Plugin uses xml, and compnent uses text file, hence the difference sometimes.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński