Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video link on jomsocial page links to joomla video category instead

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Since enabling video gallery in jomsocial the video link on the jomsocial page links to the main joomla video blog category ( therebel.org/vdeos/ ) rather than the video gallery in jomsocial. This problem only occurs when jomsocial ( therebel.org/community ) is selected as the homepage, not when any of the other menu options are the homepage (e.g. therebel.org/forum ). I am not 100% certain if that problem existed earlier, e.g. after recently upgrading to jomsocial 3.1.0) but I'm pretty certain it was working earlier.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Andrew

Can you please take the time to read this carefully
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Toolbar_Explained

It will give you insights how to use the navigation of JomSocial to its maximum.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This is very frustrating for me. I've explained already that my problem only occurs when Jomsocial is chosen as the homepage. It does not occur if any other component is chosen as the home page. If Jomsocial is NOT the homepage and I click on the videos option, jomsocial will go to the user's video gallery showing the videos uploaded by the user respectively linked to in jomsocial. if Jomsocial IS the homepage, it will still link to the URL of the user's video gallery, but instead of displaying the video gallery it displays the Joomla Content category called 'Videos'. So the URL is correct but the page displayed is wrong. And it only happens if jomsocial is the homepage. After renaming the Joomla content category from 'Videos' to 'Film' the problem went away, but I don't really want to call the Joomla content videos 'films' and the jomsocial videos 'videos'.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

So this is actually an alias issue in here
Because joomla router most likely takes the one with lower ID as first and its actually a Joomla SEF limitation.
If you disable SEF this problem will most likely be gone, as links will be constructed differently.
Sometimes, you will have to make some compromises. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do in here.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński