Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Export/Import Courses

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • wdooley
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello,

I am redoing a site that has guru 4.0.11 We are creating a new site and have installed the new guru. I cannot find a export or import anywhere. I am going to update the old guru to the current version before I migrate the data.

What is the best way to transfer the courses?

Thank you

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The Guru does not have this option as the migration in the same component does not require, Usually, you need to update the Guru on the same site.
If you are migrating a site to another site you need to take backup of the database tables for Guru and restore it on new site.
Then install the Guru on your new site.
Kindly try it on a test site as there are changes in the version 4 and 5.
Let us know if you got any error.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • wdooley
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hello,

I am not sure how to get i to import into the database as I am not familiar with that. I downloaded a copy of the guru fields from the old database after I upgraded it to the current version. Can you please look at the zip file of the guru database and see what is wrong. When I try to import it it gives me the following error.

If you can send file back that I can import to database would be great :)
Thank you

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi,
GURU 4.0.11 was released back in 10 December 2015 - there are over two years and many things changed in Guru.
There can be a single way to upgrade, I am not sure how will work though:
1. Delete all Guru and tables from the new site;
2. On the new site, put the old Guru files and old Guru tables - copy all from old to new;
3. Install over the latest Guru version;
In that way, the tables and columns we added in time will be installed by Guru automatically.
You will not be able to import a table over an existing table as you try to do; the above way should be the only way that this migration may work.

Then, just see if there will be any errors, let's hope all will go without issues.
Thank you!

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • wdooley
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

How do I delete the sql file I attached? I won't let me delete it

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
The attachment is removed from your site.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: wdooley
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński