7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
To make the issue clear i will screen:

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. we display for example on home module -> courses
2 we push on name of the teacher from module - screencast.com/t/dm4KNpcNZytj
3 maybe will be shoked as i`m now but the profile get opened down - on the same page -http://screencast.com/t/21mJBApVMG15
5. and that is not all:
next will push on course name -> to see how in this case will come the root: screencast.com/t/B8c2sfcb
6. will be shoked for sure: course get opened down again .... screencast.com/t/zJj5LcKUlOV
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT: normaly root - as to open the thinks on midle of others pages is not root solution guys.
BROWSER

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Gabriela.

Thank you for contacting us.
Please, check URL of the page each time you test. After you click teacher name in Courses module URL is: skyceberg.com/index.php?lang=en
While after clicking: skyceberg.com/index.php?option=com_guru&...n&Itemid=784&lang=en
So it's NOT the same page.

Now take a look to your site code. After clicking teacher name content is loaded correctly in
<section id="content" class=" no-left no-right block com_guru">
That means it's loaded correctly in main content area while the erst of your site are loaded into module positions.

Please, check your modules menu item assignment. That page menu item ID is 784.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Well
You can considere as you want - the same or not - but i don`t like as your functionality distub my layouts - normaly they shold go to others.
And what do you want by me with the menu number - i don`t understand - help with this.

Regards

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Gabriela.

I'm trying to say that this is NOT the same page and our extension doesn't do anything in your layout.
Please analyze your site template - what is main content (loaded by component) and what are module positions.
You'll notice that all what is above main content are modules in spotlight - they are loaded ABOVE main page content.
So when you click on teacher name you're REDIRECTED TO NEW page but modules above stay in the same module positions.

Page is different but modules are loaded in the same place.
That means they are assigned to load in certain positions for menu item ID 784.
That's why you think that Guru content is loaded in the middle of other page... but it's not.

Your issue is caused by misconfiguration - not caused in any way by Guru.
I have feeling that you don't fully trust my judgment here... so please, consider to ask on Joomla! forum for opinion or hire a professional developer. I have no doubts you'll hear the same as I said: it's different page (URL is changed and this is ultimate proof) only modules are loaded in the same places.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hey Michael
Don`t make me crazy - just make it to redirect on new normal blank page, not on page with already prebuid content - and let`s not complicate our existence.

I beleve you fully - but don`t try to teach me joomla )))) i don`t think i need that so much - i need to come normaly in new page - this help please to do.

Regards

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gabriela.

There is no such a thing in Joomla! as "new normal blank page".
You are redirected to new page... but your modules are assigned to that page as well.
The only issue here is - as I mentioned before - module misconfiguration. They are assigned to certain menu item ID.
Remove module assignment to menu item ID 784 and your issue will be solved.
There is no fault in our extension here.

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

i really don`t understand nothing by what do you try to explain.
do you say now to remove assignement of the module from page?
i need the module on that section - but results by actions need to come on new page - so if you say to do so - and i tolly don`t understand what do you wait by me to do - please do - and show me please- because i`m tolly confused.
If you know how - please do and show - and next time i will do as per your example.

Best Regards

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Michał
We have a lot of modules, and no one of them show the result of the pushing on any functionality above of existing content.
That can not be considered right.
screencast.com/t/xaWpRyJS7xpS
Look on this module for example.
Try to puch on anything on this module -> no one kind of content will not be showed above current content.

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Buna Gabriela,

O sa ma uit acum peste ticket sa vad ce se intampla. Daca imi dau seama care este problema revin. Din ce am inteles mai sus, cand dai click pe autor te duce intr-o pagina unde apar si module care nu ar trebui sa fie acolo.

Revin.
Alin

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Buna
Alin - da ceva de genul respectiv - vad ca schimba partial link-ul dar este sunt modulele de home.
Asta se intimpla atit din modul - curses care sta pe home, cit si la majoritatea actiunilor din Guru.

Multumesc Anticipat
Gabi

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Buna Gabriela,

De regula, link-urile din guru au ca si Itemid (adica id-ul meniului) mediul care este activ in acel moment. Pentru ca pe home page, id-ul este 784, link-urile au in URL "&Itemid=784" si asfel paginile care urmeaza sa se incarce (pagina autorului, sau pagina cursului) vor contine si modulul "Courses" pentru ca acel modul se incarca pe toate paginile care au in URL "Itemid=784".
Am facut o modificare in modul - "/modules/mod_guru_courses/helper.php" dar aceasta modificare este o modificare custom, nu va fi pusa si la noua versiune de Guru, astfel ca va trebuie sa ai un back-up la acest fisier, la upgrade se va rescrie si vei pierde aceste modificari.

O zi placuta,
Alin

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Buna
Merci mult. S-a fixat problema.

O zi perfecta in continuare

Cu respect

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński