The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Load videos in joomla page?

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I have a client who wants a site with iGuru, however, they do not want the videos to pop into a new non-joomla screen when they are played. I remember originally there was an option to either play in a page or a new window and now I can't find that option anymore.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Click the link for a video on any course and it will open a new non-article page
RESULT Opens in new non-article page
EXPECTED RESULT Having an option on whether to use the new window or to open in a joomla article page
BROWSER Chrome

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jason.

Thank you for contacting us.
In latest Guru version videos are played in lesson content. You may even choose if you want to have single video lesson or lesson mixed text with video (in columns). So I'm not sure what you mean by "Click the link for a video on any course and it will open a new non-article page". Courses content are displayed full screen in modal window as they are adjusted for mobile devices now.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired

Yes thank you. I am asking if I can get the videos to open in an article layout and not in the fullscreen modal window?

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jason.

I'm sorry but this is not possible in latest version. The only way to change it is to hack Guru layout. It may also require to hack core file.
Core hacks are not recommended nor supported as they may not working with future Guru releases and/or cause issues that won't be not supported. Users with core files hack often refuse to upgrade their installation to keep those hacks and they are stuck with outdated and unsupported versions. Also, core hack will be overwritten during upgrade.

Other option is to use older version of Guru...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński