Can't change "Course type"

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Active

I've had all corset set to "Non-Sequential" during my tests. Now I want it to be sequential (one lesson a day). But the option is greyed out.
How do I fix this?

/Bosse

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

I assign Guru developer to this thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bosse
8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks!

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Addition:

Now I created a new category and a new course in that cat. In new courses it works fine with setting Course type.
But I can't add any cover image to the category, but I can for the course.

I have recently installed JCH Optimize. If my problems with Guru are JS issues, that is probably it. If you think it is, what JS should I exclude to get in to work?

/Bosse

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

1. The course can't be changed to sequential if was created as not-sequential. But if you provide us database access (phpMyAdmin URL and username/password) I can do changes in database Guru tables and set that course to sequential. Tell us the name of course too.

2. I need ftp account access, there seems to be a jQuery conflict, I need to check this component files.

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Great!

I've added the info in the first post.
I'd like all courses to be set to one lesson per day.

/Bosse

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Please test now, I made changes in database and now all courses are sequential - one lesson per day.

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

GAH! No!

All courses are free for paying members. But I've made the first 7 days as separate free courses for all so they can try it out.
I also have the option that you can buy a full course if you don't want to be a member.

But now no one, not even me, admin, can take any course at all now. We all have to be paid for it.

No one would be happier than me if they actually would pay for it. But something tells me that if I market "Try 7 days for free!" and they have to pay over a hundred bucks for these free days, people will start to be a bit grumpy... :)

So, something went wrong when you did the changes. Back in admin, the free course still is marked as "Free for guests".
Please fix this as soon as you can.

/Bosse

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Edit:

Tried to pay for a course now. Turned out that I actually didn't have to pay. It was zero. I "paid" and got access to the course.

Important question:
Before: If I was a paying logged in member, I got a message "Click on [whatever it said]" to attend the course.
Now: I have to go though payment process.
This means that all texts are wrong now. Is this how it should be so I write new texts, or will you change it back and I will keep the texts as is?

/Bosse

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi Bosse,
Even course is secvential or not, courses that are free for members require that quests need to create an account in order to become members.
I see that when you set the course (28 dagar med Rolf - 5 km på 6 veckor Dag 8-28) on Pricing/Tabs plan, you selected some groups that will access the course for free.
Maybe you want to check that list, and if require you can change the text too.

Anyway, if there are others issues/questions just ask me, I am not in the office anymore but I will receive them and respond in the morning (I am in Europe, GMT+3).

Thank you.

8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Oki, I'll see if I get a grip on it.

But...

Back in admin the free courses (all courses that is 7 days) now has the setting "Course type: Sequential" just as you said.
But it doesn't work. You can still open all seven lessons at the same time, non-sequential.

/Bosse
(GMT+1... :) )

8 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi,

If that free course is "FREE FOR GUESTS", the Sequential will not work, because only for logged users in your site, we can't calculate when they enrolled to course and when the lessons will be available, based on Sequential time (one per day)

If the course is "FREE FOR MEMBERS" or "FREE FOR STUDENTS" and they bought that course last 7 days ago, that order was created in the past, and even if we changed the course sequential type now, the time calculated will be based by the order date. So, last 6 days ago, they can access only first lesson, last 5 days ago they can access only first and second lesson and so one, till now, when they can access all 7 lesson, because 7 days have passed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bosse
8 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hahaha.. You do know that English is my second language..? :)
Took me a while to get it. But I think I did... :)

Thanks!

/Bosse

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński