I have uploaded media that is on a remote server into the media library. I can preview the media and it looks great. When I go to the lesson I have created and try to apply the media I can see the link but when I try to click on it nothing happens.
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Go to a lesson.
2 Try to add any video media that is not the standard demo installed video media.
RESULT - I can't add video media to lessons.
EXPECTED RESULT - I should be able to add video media to lessons.
BROWSER - I have tested in Chrome and Safari.
As a side note, I was setting this up yesterday and successfully added this video media for the first lesson. I have not changed anything from yesterday so I am really confused why it stopped working? You can see the the first lesson working on the site.
- Always keep your grips firm with firm grips on lapels
- Keep your fingers and thumbs outside of the opponents sleeves to avoid finger breaks
- Keep a firm wrist to avoid wrist sprains
Subtitle needs to be a one-liner e.g: Tips on Grips. More lines in this fields will cause js script issue.
If you want to add more text - choose combination of media and text directly in lesson.
It has nothing to do with embed videos... but anyway, you need to configure source as videos will not play under your domain (instead video is a notice)... but that's different issue not related with Guru ;)
Do a simple test: edit one of your videos in media library and edit Subtitle field by leaving only one text line e.g "Tips on Grips". Now try to add this video. I tested it and works 100%.
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you