The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Guru & rapid1pixelout plugin issue/bug

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired

Hello,

I installed EasyBlog and when I save an article I get an error message coming from, according to EasyBlog developper, the rapid1pixelout plugin integrated in Guru. They solved the issue for me but advise me to also contact you to solve this bug. Here is their reply:

Hey Alain,

I am really sorry for the delay of this reply as it is a weekend for us here. It seems like your plugin is throwing errors:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined method JDocumentRaw::addCustomTag() in <b>/home/lereel92/public_html
/eveil.me/plugins/content/rapid1pixelout/rapid1pixelout.php</b> on line <b>276</b><br />

The plugin should check the "document type" before trying to use "addCustomTag". To fix this, I have edited the file /plugins/content/rapid1pixelout/rapid1pixelout.php and at line 275 I have added the codes below,

if ($document->getType() != 'html') {
return;
}

Can you please try this again? You should also contact the author of the plugin to correct their plugin too!
I hope this will help others with the same issue.

Thank you.

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,

Now I just see a big error in the extension Guru, please see: www.eveil.me/centre-medias/categories-de...la/1-how-to-use-guru "> www.eveil.me/centre-medias/categories-de...la/1-how-to-use-guru and in the module Médias Populaires here www.eveil.me/

I don't know if it come from EasyBlog or Guru, what do you think ?

Thank you for your help.

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Alain,

I think its coming from rapid1pixelout plugin, since this error "JDocumentRaw::addCustomTag() " is coming from that plugin.

please you contact rapid1pixelout developer, seems they are still using old Joomla code

thank you

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

Thank you for your reply.

If I look on the JED for rapid1pixelout I get: "No extensions found". Even on Google there is no result for it. So maybe this extension / company doesn't exist anymore ?

If it's the case you should embed another audio player in Guru. I asked last year for a new, modern HTML5 responsive player for audio in Guru. The actual player is very old and ugly.

Hopefuly I will be heard :)

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alain,

Yes, seems rapid1pixelout already discontinued the development.

I will try to ask the developer regarding the player issue.

thank you

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alain,

we will improve the player on next guru release.

thank you!

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Dimas,

Good to hear that good news :D

According EasyBlog dev the issue maybe also from JomSocial. Here is what they say about this issue:

The errors are actually coming from Jomsocial but I believe it is showing up because I turned on error reporting earlier. I have turned this off now, and the error no longer shows but you really should look into jomsocial as it is throwing errors

8 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alain,

The EasyBlog developer seems gave wrong information, because the error totally comes from rapid1pixelout.php :)

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński