8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Active

I want the following:

Users with paid membership should have access to all courses.
Guests should have free access to the first three lessons in all courses.
One should be able to buy a subscription plan to a whole a course without having membership.

If I set the access for a course to members or a subscription plan, all lessons are "locked" even if I set access for the first three lesson to public.
If I set the access for a course to public or a subscription plan, all lessons are open even if I sett access for the lesson four and forward to members.

How should I do?

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

You should create separated free course that contains only first three lessons and make it public and another course with full lessons number for members only.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Active

Oki. Then I'm totally lost.

Why having different access options?
I mean, how do I use the access options for the lessons if they can't override or alter the settings for the course itself? Why are they there?

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

Access options are related with Joomla! groups... but not with subscription levels or application role (student or teacher).
So if you set course to be free for students (users that are registered in Joomla and registered in Guru) then set course to Registered... and finally set certain lesson for guests, it won't work for Guests. Guests are in Guest group not in registered - they can't be students (no Joomla! account).

So course should be free for guests (in whole) but all lessons beside first three should be for registered only (first 3 lessons should be public also). Then guests should have first 3 lessons for free and the rest should be not visible for them.

Or you create separated course (a demo course) as I said in my first reply.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński