8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
The integration works just fine. But it create a category named "Courses" and I want the Swedish word "Kurser".
If I rename the category, there's simply a new category named "Courses" created.

I've edited the language file and changed all "Courses" to "Kurser", but since there must be a process to check if there's a category for the integration, I'll guess this process is in a php file.

How do I fix this?

/Bosse

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

I'm afraid this can't be translated as it uses root name of courses (just like "courses" are displayed in URL).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Oki. But somewhere this "courses" for naming of root must be fetched somewhere. Why can't I change that?
In what file is this "courses"?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

If you change that component will fail, it's a root name just like com_guru.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Excuse my stubbornness, but the word "Courses" must surely be fetched from somewhere. Where? And why is it not to change?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

The reason is the same why you can't change component name com_guru - it's used for the core. The same goes for e.g "profile" in JomSocial URL. those parts are just hardcoded to avoid issues in URL creating (in J! router). Kunena just use name from core.

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hahaha... You're gonna be real tired of me here... :)

Still stubborn; I get if you say the core alias for URL creating can't change. And I have no problem with having an URL that looks like /forum/courses.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the word "Courses" is in plain text, not in any form of code, is it? It doesn't have anything to do with the ability for processing whatever the component need to process. It's just a few letters that you as a programmer have written somewhere in the code. When the engine process the code, it doesn't give a rats tail if it say "Courses" or "Kurser". Right?
So, can I change the word in the core code? I get that I probably have to change this every time I upgrade the component, but I can live with that.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

"com_guru" is also used as plain text. The same goes for "profiles", "videos" event" or "edit" in JomSocial.
Kunena needs to use something to title certain forum category - it uses "constant" name of object in Guru -> "courses".
Changing it will damage component.

Some things just can't be changed without rebuilding whole component. Elements are just "courses" if you change this text to something else e.g "carrot", system will look for object "carrot" while elements are "courses". Would you like to rebuild WHOLE component? :) I guess not ;)

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Damn... :)

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Me again, you know, the pain-in-the-butt-guy who never gives up... :)

I don't see a disclaimer on iJoomla saying "If you're from a galaxy far, far away, or a least speak some funky polar bear climate related language, you'll still have to cash up the full 400 bucks, but you will not get to use the product in its full extent. Some shit is only for us who speak The Real Language!"... :)

So, how about if you ask your developers if they can put together a string or code snippet to put somewhere (<head>, index- or any Kunena or Guru file), that works like "If I see the word 'Courses' in the generated html code on this page I'll change it to 'Kurser'"

It just has to be some form of PHP, java script, jquery, css or whatever the stuff is called, that can do this. I'm just not the man to do it.

Will you help me fix this? So I'll get the full value for my bucks..? )

/Bosse

Edit:

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but in the posts above I use the word Courses with a capital C, while you use the word courses with a small c. Are we talking about the same thing?

As I said, I don't mind if everything, elements and objects, are called "courses". I'm only interested in the word that shows on the Kunena page, the word that is generated in the html code after "div#kunena.layout > div.kfrontend > h2 > a".

Somewhere in the code there must be something that says "if system see object "courses" and elements are "courses" then print "Courses"". This 'Courses' with a capital C must be replaceable with 'Kurser'. Am I totally wrong?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bosse.

:) Well... I'm also not native English speaker :)
Sure I ask developer to take a look - maybe I'm wrong and developer will have an idea.

EEee... capital letter may be printed by css so it rather doesn't matter or do difference: text-transform: capitalize;

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Bosse,
I am Alin, Guru developer.
Please edit your first post and add FTP details in the secure form there. I will try to do something.
Thank you,
Alin

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bosse
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Alin,

No need, I couldn't wait and found a solution. Still think that it's a flaw, though. Why have all these possibilities to translate through Transifex, when you can't translate it all? Isn't that kind of a low for a extension at this price?

Nevertheless, problem solved.

Take care!
/Bosse

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński