The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

ACL with Guru Pro

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired

Hi Alin,

I re-enabled the Super Admin access I provided you.

Regards.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Please test now, I made changes and now only "argent" users can access courses that are free for "argent" group.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Alin,

Thanks.
Now, users in the right group can enroll to the course directly, perfect.

However, users in a wrong group are redirected to the cart process and they can also enroll to the course (because all courses are free and I choose Offline payment).
Is there a solution to disallow users in a wrong group to be able to enroll to the course ?

I could change the cart process page and just show a message like "you are in the wrong group, you can't enroll to this course", but do you have a better solution ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

You can select all users groups for free courses and in this mode all users can enroll to that free course, no matter from what Joomla Groups are they.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Alin,

No, I want to disallow users in a wrong group to be able to enroll to course with other ACL group.

There are courses for Group A, Group B, Group C ...
Users from Group A should not be allowed to enroll to the courses with Group B ACL, Group C ACL, ...

It is why I ask you : I could change the cart process page and just show a message like "you are in the wrong group, you can't enroll to this course", but do you have a better solution ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

You can't do this in Guru, if that user is from Group B but he try to access a course from Group A, that message will not be added, you can't do this, the way that working now is to select a pricing plan, because that courses is not free for his user group.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Ok thanks.

I will change the source code of the cart page (/components/com_guru/views/gurubuy/tmpl/default.php) to add this message because I don't need cart page.

Regards.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

I found a better solution.
I hid the "Buy now" button and change the "Get access to all the tutorials in the course now!" value, which is different from the "Enroll Now" button we can see when the user can enroll directly a course.

ACL works now perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński