Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
Can only invite "Friends" to group problem and Comments Notications
Jomsocial is working well and we are ready to hard launch our site this month. We have two remaining Jomsocial issues
1. Can only invite “friends” to a group. Should be able to invite anyone by email or username (like facebook groups).
2. New posts are resulting in notification messages but comments are not. Would like to be notified of any new activity in a group.
1. This is by design that you can invite users that are on your Friend list. That can't be changed.
But you may also invite users by email:
Just type emails in field below.
2. That is correct, comments notifications are sent only to post author and users involved in commenting. In other case users will get notices not related to them... and possibly tons of them. So to prevent that, user gets notification when is directly involved.
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you