Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
Can't invite friend to private (hiden) group again (twice)
I created closed (hiden) group and:
1) Login as Superuser and invited friend (Demo user)
2) Login as Demo
Result 1: Wait for 1 min. Demo still can't see "1" notification at global notification icon (in "JS Notification module"; I don't use toolbar). UPDATED: Don't worry about "Result 1". I tested it again with Demo2 user and he get "1" notification. Seems it my mistake (I missed "1"). Please continue to step #3.
But in backend settings enabled:
3) Demo click on global notification icon and can see invitation in modal window.
4) Demo reject / cancel invitation (he don't want to join group now). But later he want to join it.
5) Superuser want to invate Demo again and press "Invite" button inside group.
Result 2: Superuser can see message that Demo allready invited. So Demo user can't be invited again and join closed (hiden) group.
Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, that is correct behavior. If user rejects invitation - can't be invited again.
It's to prevent spamming users with invitations.
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you