Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Update to 4.3.4 - error showing on create new group - Joomla 3.7.2

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shane
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The title says it all when a member goes to create a group they get the following error message (see image)

The group is created in the back end and can be activated so not sure why it is throwing an error

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shane
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Also add to list when trying to delete members that have not ever logged in from Notifications get an "Invalid Token" error page

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Because that group should be approved by admin first, after create group you will show that error because that group is not activated yet..
well, this behavior bit weird indeed, we will try change the error message there..

anyway, please you disable "Moderate Group Creation" if you wanna change the activate group automatically

Thank you

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Shane wrote: Also add to list when trying to delete members that have not ever logged in from Notifications get an "Invalid Token" error page

I dont understand with this issue, would you mind provide me steps to replicate it on new topic, please?

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shane
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sorry if I offend but:-
No I don't want to disable "Moderate Group Creation" as I want control of what groups are created.
What I can't understand is how such a message on Group Creation made it through beta testing / Quality Control, I do QC as a living and if such a blatant error such as this made it past the testers some heads would certainly roll as far as my boss is concerned. Perhaps the boss at JS is more lenient?
If this was a free product I would understand but it isn't, so there is really no excuse in this case except bad quality control.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shane
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

New thread started.

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Shane wrote: Sorry if I offend but:-
No I don't want to disable "Moderate Group Creation" as I want control of what groups are created.
What I can't understand is how such a message on Group Creation made it through beta testing / Quality Control, I do QC as a living and if such a blatant error such as this made it past the testers some heads would certainly roll as far as my boss is concerned. Perhaps the boss at JS is more lenient?
If this was a free product I would understand but it isn't, so there is really no excuse in this case except bad quality control.

This issue caused by message error on non-published group, but we already improved it, would you mind provide me FTP access? I will apply the code directly

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shane
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dimas wrote:
This issue caused by message error on non-published group, but we already improved it, would you mind provide me FTP access? I will apply the code directly

Not a problem - listed in the Require help from Admin/Mod?
although you shouldn't need to use FTP as EXTplorer is installed in the backend of the site. (have been having some intermittent issues with FTP on current release of Ubuntu)

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Ok done, applied via extplorer, the error message will be like this..

thank you!

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shane
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

looks good - thanks!

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas