Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Pasting links in groups does not work

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
When I paste a link to any other website in the overall activity stream it is displayed correctly with picture, text and URL. When I paste the same link in any group (in the field "Say what's on your mind") it shows but as soon as I click on the Post-button the content disappears completely and I see the empty field again.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 as described above
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT: I expect the content to be displayed also in groups. It has been working like this before. So maybe this is an issue related to the latest release?
BROWSER: all browsers

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Uwe.

Please provide us working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site backend.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

the credentials are correct. You have probably used the wrong URL. We have a developent system. Please go to this URL dev.expertforce.de/administrator/

Regards,
Uwe

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Uwe.

Just checked your site and it seems to be fine: snag.gy/U8yZzS.jpg
URLs are fetched correctly and displayed.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I have checked again and here is what I have found out. The URLs are only fetched and displayed correctly in the 2 groups which are public. In the other 4 groups which are private I cannot post an URL although I am the administrator of these groups. Only if I make them public it is possible to display the URL.

That does not make sense to me. Did I miss or misunderstand something in the settings?

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,
can you please follow up on this issue? The problem is not yet solved.
Thanks

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Uwe.

Thank you for narrowing the issue. Please, send me your site backend URL and credentials via PM (along with this thread URL) - I'll take a look.

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Uwe.

Is "Human resource" a private group?

And first important thing - you deleted JomSocial Toolbar menu (with type jomsocial). This may cause serious navigation issues. Now I can't access groups due to this issue. Please, restore this menu first.

|— Change Profile Picture
|— Change Profile Video
|— Edit Profile
|— Edit Details
|— Privacy
|— Preferences
|— Customize My Page
Friends
|— Show All
|— Search
|— Advanced Search
|— Invite Friends
|— Request Sent
|— Pending my approval
Groups
Photos
Videos
Events

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

restoration of the menu is not possible because of the design of our page. And it is also not needed. You can switch language to English and then you will find all menu items needed. BUT: To see these menues and access the groups you have to login as a registered user because Jomsocial is not visible for Superusers in the frontend. I will send you a registered user by PM.

Thanks

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Uwe.

JomSocial may work awkward without JomSocial Toolbar menu. You may hide toolbar using JomSocial configuration but menu items are needed for right navigation. If you decide to keep it deleted... then I'm sorry but we can't guarantee JomSocial will work correctly.

Also your site seems to behave quite weird. Caching is disabled but Joomla! caches some content. Frontend doesn't follow changes in backend - I switched template and frontend didn't changed. Stream in groups correctly fetched URL but post can't be created. I'm not sure but it looks like: caching issue or template issue.

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,
thanks for your support - I appreciate it. But I don't think that this is realated to the toolbar (because all menu itmes are still there - we only moved them to the mainmenu). We also tested with caching completely disabled and I also was able to switch the template for testing. The result always was the same - I can post in public groups but not in private groups although I am admin. It looks to me as if this is an ACL issue.
Any other idea?

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Uwe
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Here is an additional information. I have created a new group as the same user and with exactly the same settings as in the "bad" group. In the new group I can post links - in the old group it is still not possible.

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Uwe.

hmm, that means issue apply to that particular group only...
You say it uses the same settings... are the same modules/plugins used on both group pages?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński