Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Groups closed / open acess

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I was wondering whether it is possible to have a group wall/activity visible to guest users but not group members, but that they can't post content on the wall unless they have been approved. So it's closed to post content, but the activity stream is visible to guests
Thank you,

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Stephen,

I am sorry, I dont really understand with your request.. if you mean the members should not be allowed to post content ? or it need to be approved? that is not possible, we dont have that function.

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply.
I want the posts of the group to be visible to everyone who visits the group page (guests or registered users and members of the group).
However I want only members to be able to post status updates on the group page, so they would have to be approved as members, like it was a closed group.
Because right now I think, you can only see a closed groupbif you're an approved member, but if its an open group anyone can post, and that's the only way you can see the group posts if you're not a member of the page.

I hope that helps.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Stephen,

I see, your right. but now you cant change our current behavior I am sorry for this.. you need hack the code if you wanna achive your request.

thank you

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dima,

I'm ok with hacking the code if you want to lead me in the right files or even show me how.
I will update them on every upgrade.

Or if you want to point me to a developer.

Thanks

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

You can find the 3rd party developer from upwork.com or freelancer.com.. I am sorry we cant help you for this, because the hack is too tricky

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński