Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Create a new item on Group Menu

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • LAIS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I would like to create a file sharing section for each group, like Event, Photos, and Vídeo sections on Group menu.
I have attached a photo that explains better what i want.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you override / edit this file components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/groups/single.php, move this code :

<?php if ((($isAdmin) || ($isMine) || ($isMember && !$isBanned)) && $isFile) { ?>
                    <li>
                        <a href="javascript:" onclick="joms.api.fileList('group',<?php echo $group->id ?>)">
                        <?php echo ($isFile == 1)
                            ? JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_FILE_COUNT') . ' <span class="joms-text--light">' . $isFile . '</span>'
                            : JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_FILE_COUNT_MANY') . ' <span class="joms-text--light">' . $isFile . '</span>'; ?>
                        </a>
                    </li>
                <?php } ?>

to after this line 374

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • LAIS
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I probably did not express myself well, I did not want to change the location of the menu item.

I would just like a place for the moderator to put files so the users of the group can only download. As it is done in the video gallery and in photos.

In sharing files anyone can share what they want. In this template I am proposing only the moderator could send and the group participants download.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Lais,

So do you want members can't upload file? only download, right? you cant unthicked this option during create / edit discussion.

thank you!

Attachments:
7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • LAIS
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Yes, but I would like a section, such as members, events, photos and videos. I would not like to mix files uploaded in the discussions.

Discussions could stay as it already is.

I would just like a place in the menu for the administrator to add files to specific groups, regardless of files generated in discussions.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I dont undersatnd your request, maybe you can provide another screenshoot?

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński