Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No "Friend Request" in Group Members listing

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Hi all, I have just realised that the only place where users can "friend" other users in JomSocial is in the Friends section. I expected that users would have that option in other sections, such as a given user's Profile or the Group Members section. Is that possible? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Personally, it's that "Group Members" section that I really, really need. I'm trying to streamline this whole system as much as as possible, and the Group pages will probably be the most-visited parts of the site.

Any help that you can offer would be really appreciated!

Kind regards,

-- Nathan

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi again,

I've just discovered that there WAS something that I missed - the "Enable profile card" was set to "no"!

However, I do have one minor request - is it possible to either:

a) pull the "send friend request" / "send message" buttons OUT of the profile card

-or-

b) make the profile card more obvious? At the very least, is it possible to trigger it when users roll over the name as well as the avatar? It would be the best if we could even have a button somewhere around there - saying "more info" or similar - that triggered the profile card.

If I could go so far as to make another request, it would be excellent to be able to include the "About me" info in the Group Members area, so that users can read a couple of lines about each person before deciding to add / message them. If that's too tricky, though, I understand.

-- Nathan

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Janet,

The only possiblity is add friend request on the list, to achive this open this file components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/groups.viewmembers.php, find this code :

<?php //echo CFriendsHelper::getUserFriendDropdown($member->id); ?>
replace to :
<?php echo CFriendsHelper::getUserFriendDropdown($member->id); ?>

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Brilliant, thanks Dimas! That's exactly what I needed! :)

Do you have any thoughts about my second request? I'd love for the member listings (and/or group member listings) to display a couple of lines from the "About Me" info. Is that at all possible?

And something else that I've just thought of - it is possible to add the "Group Short Description" to the All Groups page? It would be really good to have space for the short description between the heading and the "X members, X discussions, etc." links.

Thanks again,

-- Nathan

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Nathan,

You use this code :

$cuser = CFactory::getUser($THEUSERID);
echo $cuser->getInfo('FIELD_ABOUTME');

please read this documentation documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/JomSocial_User_Object

I hope you can do it by yourself and learning a bit :)

thank you

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Brilliant! Thank you again very, very much! I've managed to figure out how to add the member "about me", and to add the "summary" to the group list, as well!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński