Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

"modify cover" option for Groups not working

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY: "modify cover" option for groups is not working per screen capture: screencast.com/t/fMMAPBac

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 click on any group
2 settings
3 modify cover
4 upload photo
5 photo uploaded
RESULT: photo disappears
EXPECTED RESULT: photo should remain as new cover photo for group
BROWSER: chrome, firefox

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

could you please provide me super user login detail.
I need to check your menu items setup at joomla backend. it can be menu item conflict.

you can put credentials information by editing your first post at this topic. put it at site info form.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi I have updated the password in the backend of the support request.

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue related with JoomSEF. That JoomSEF URL make group cover function broken.
if you turning off JoomSEF, it will no issue. Please asking JoomSEF suppoer about how to manage SEF URL to prevent this issue.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

First of all, Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I can't deactivate JomSEF, because that action caused all links and layout of Jomsocial to be messed up before. Actually I bought the license of JomSEF to make Jomsocial work properly, as Jomsocial was malfunctioning on my website.
For example: Jomsocial homepage was pointing to a single user's page randomly and only "Friends" function of Jomsocial menu was working.
Then I bought JomSEF and, after a lot of hard work configuring it, I was able to correct all Jomsocial issues. Any ideas?

Also I'd like to understand how a redirection can break a component's function. Could you please explain that so I can understand? Meanwhile, I'm also in contact with JomSEF tech support to see if they can find anything in their component that is causing the problem
in your component.

Thanks in advance

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please contact JomSEF support team for this issue. let them know if not using JomSEF the issue not happening.

Regards

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

We figured a workaround for this problem.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński