Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Continue-When Jomsocial is set for default home page, something goes wrong.

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY: Well, it seem like something is still NOT working correctly when setting Jomsocial as default homepage. For example, the link for "Seeing all groups" on the frontpage is broken (error_too_many_redirects). However, if I manually (insert the word "community" between mydoamin.com/ and /groups) type mydomain.com/community/groups, it would work. Since I selected the Jomsocial as the default homepage, the "community"(the Alias for Jomsocial frontpage) has been MISSING from the URLs of all pages. How can I get the "community" back in the URL when I use Jomsocial as default homepage?

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

do you mean view all groups link at JS groups module?
here the fix, edit:
/modules/mod_community_groups/tmpl/default.php at line 75

<a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=groups'); ?>" class="joms-button--link" ><small><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_VIEW_ALL'); ?></small></a>
changing it to
<a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=display'); ?>" class="joms-button--link" ><small><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_GROUPS_VIEW_ALL'); ?></small></a>

Regards

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'd prefer to have all URLs of my Jomsocial webpages look like this: mydomain.com/community/xxxx , but now all pages skip (bypass) the "community" in the URL, I don't understand why this happens.

For your testing, if you type mydomain.com/community/groups, it works fine. However, if you type mydomain.com/groups, then the page cannot be found. I like the format of mydomain.com/community/groups, your suggested edit makes it appearing like mydomain.com/groups/display, it works but looks kind of odd.

Is there a way to make all jomsocial pages under "mydomain.com/community/whatever..."?

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

that URL controlled by joomla. because jomsocial running under joomla.
to make your URL be like that. you cant put jomsocial as site homepage.

please use other main menu item as site hompage. and the URL will be like what you want.

Regads

The following user(s) said Thank You: Danny
7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Got you. Thank you so much for the quick response!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński