Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

All files downloaded from discussions are downloaded corrupted

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

ISSUE SUMMARY: If I try to download a PDF file from group discussion and the file is downloaded corrupted.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Log In with administrator user
2 Click on discussion with files uploaded
3 Click on file link to download the file

RESULT The file is downloaded corrupted but the original (downloaded from ftp) is ok on server.
EXPECTED RESULT Download the file correctly
BROWSER Chrome
Latest Jomsocial Version
Latest Jomla version
PHP 7

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Seems this is bug, I need to report this to our developer.

thank you!

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Ok but please give also this information www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/33255-dis...er-can-be-downloaded because the problem is not duplicated, is different problem:

1.- All non administrator users can't download files from discussions.
2.- If an administrator download a file (i can check with normal users because they can't download files) the file is downloaded corrupted.

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Oh ya ya, I think that is bug as well.. thank you anyway

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

To fix this open this file components/com_community/libraries/files.php, find this code :

@ob_end_clean();
replace to :
while (ob_get_level()) {
 			ob_end_clean();
 		}

open this file components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/files.list.php, find this code :
$fileDownloadLink = CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=files&task=downloadfile&type='.$data[$i]->type.'&id='.$data[$i]->id);
replace to :
$fileDownloadLink = CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=files&task=downloadfile&type='.$type.'&id='.$data[$i]->id);

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński