Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Hide Group Name on Cover Image

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Greetings Pro's,
I have asked this question previously and was told to simply tell you which group I would like to have the group name hidden. When I create a new group in JomSocial, JomSocial automatically will place the name of the group on the Cover Photo as it appears in this screen shot inside the yellow box. I once asked, how to I hid this text on the group cover photo. When I asked this question, the reply I got asked me to let them know which group I would like to have the group name hidden on, (on the group cover) and they would do it.
I would like to have the group name "The Sports Guy Mike Show". I don't want to delete the name of the group at all. I just want the text that automatically appears on the group cover image to be hidden so you can't see it when you go to the group and see this cover image. I would like to add the text to the image itself rather than have the automatic text because I don't like the size or the location of where it's placed. If you can do this, that would be appreciated. However, if you could send me detailed instructions of how I can do this myself, that would be even better as I have other groups current up that I would like to do this for as well and will in the future I am sure and don't want to have to keep requesting to have this done by you.

Thanks,

David

Attachments:
8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

This is relatively easy to achieve :)
You need to copy this file:

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/groups/single.php

to:

ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community/layouts/groups (if you don't have those folders - feel free to create them)

Then before line 72:

<h2><?php echo CActivities::truncateComplex($group->name, $titleLength, true); ?></h2>

You need to add php condition:
<?php if($group->id != 217) { ?>

It means if group ID is DIFFERENT from 217 (this is your group ID for which you want to hide title) then load code that is below. So when ID is = 217 title will be NOT displayed.

and after line 72 you need to close condition:
<?php } ?>

Final code should look like this:
<?php if($group->id != 217) { ?>
            <h2><?php echo CActivities::truncateComplex($group->name, $titleLength, true); ?></h2>
           <?php } ?>

If you want to add more groups to condition tehn:
<?php if(($group->id != 217) AND ($group->id != 218)) { ?>

Just add more AND with condition.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: David
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński