Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Group Category and database settings

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to import a database to a ROOT folder/file or anywhere else, so that all the selected fields(Black box on the attachment) could show as categories when a members wants to create a new business(group). In other words I don't want to create the categories manually in the back end of my site, I want to import them. Would it also be possible to make the captions on the left the parent captions and the headings on the right the child captions?

Would it be possible to change the appearance when a user wants to choose a category. Currently a window pops up (see attachment), we want to change this to a search bar making it possible for the member to type in a search category, when the member types in a search word, all the categories that contain the word need to appear underneath the search bar making it possible for the user to choose on of these categories. The reason I want this change is, say I have a 1000 categories, I don't want my members to scroll through a 1000 different categories. Instead the user could just search for it.

Thank you.

Regards.

Attachments:
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Brian.

Sure you may create categories by importing them directly to db.
You just need to create SQL query.
Take a look what columns group categories table has.

As for your second request.
Please, post it here: uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Michal.

1.Where exactly can I go take a look what columns group categories table has ? Or please advise me on how to import it step by step thank you Michal : )

2.I clicked to the link you gave me. What feature do you want to see in JomSocial? I searched group. Then I clicked on the button called "create new JomSocial Feature Requests and got a error "Sorry. You don't have permissions to post a new JomSocial Feature Requests". (Look attachment) Any suggestions ?

Thank you

Attachments:
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

HI, Brian.

1. In table: _community_groups_category
i.imgur.com/RdTle4B.png

2. Hmm, seem we have issue with User Voice... I'll report it to our developers.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Thank you Michal

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński