Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Friends verses Group (Disable or remove)

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I saw the post by Scott and Dimas' response to "Disable or remove "Invite Friends" option from groups" but my question is more broad. I don't want to use Groups and want everyone once registered and approved connected to everyone and such there would be no need for Friends option. Sort of an open site once registered. Will removing just the <!-- invite friend button --> code as Dimas recommended do the trick or do I need to do something else to open up the site? Or do I have to create one Group and place everyone in it and then remove the code?

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Steve,

The solution no.2 is make sense "do I have to create one Group and place everyone in it and then remove the code", you dont need change the code too much for it, as you need it you can install auto join group plugin www.jomsocial.com/addons/core-enhancemen...jomsocial-auto-group

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński