Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

email notification for private messages not working

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
None of the private messages exchanged between users results in email notification being sent. I checked the email queue and everything seem fine, message arrive properly within jomsocial but users don't get email notification. I have tried with my web hosting provider cron job and setup now a cron service through the recommended third party but I still see no email notification. Reset all preferences and make sure it is configured correctly

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please make sure at joomla configuration using SMTP instead of PHPmailer for email.
because I dont have super user access level, I cant take a look.

about SMTP configuration you can asking the email provider.

Regards

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OK, I have setup the email delivery using SMT but I still get no messages forward to any of the email addresses. I can give you super user access...let me know

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue with your server it self. even joomla forgot password cannot sending email.

please contact your server support or open new topic at here:
forum.joomla.org/

Regards

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński