Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problems with Group Privacy

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rachel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

A few problems I'm facing with JomSocial groups:

(a) Anyone can add themselves to any group by clicking 'join' even when the privacy for the group is set to private. I want those clicking 'join' to have to be reviewed by the group admin before being allowed to join... unless they are invited directly by an existing member (ie an existing member clicks 'invite colleagues' generating an email to those they wish to invite).

(b) Everyone can see all group's wall stream/activity whether they are a member or not. Without being a member, you can perform all of the same activities as you can as a member eg create discussions, post announcements etc. I have changed 'group list privacy' to 'members' in config privacy but this has done nothing.

Help much appreciated.

NB: I can't offer you admin access to our site. However, I can provide screen shots should you request these.

Thanks,

Sophie

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Rachel,

what jomsocial version are you using? because at latest version 3.2.1.5 the private group, when user click join button. this message will appear:
"Your application is awaiting approval from the group administrator."
and if the group as private, non member can't see anything, except group description.

please correction me if I missing something

Regards,
Albert

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rachel
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

Thanks for your reply. I've just checked and I'm using version 3.2.1. Is this a known problem-area in 3.2.1 which has been fixed in 3.21.5? If so, I will update.

Thanks!

9 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rachel
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I've just heard from a colleague that there's a chance an external developer has made some changes which have broken this.. We have a test site on which I'm hoping to uninstall jomsocial and reinstall it so we have a fresh version. With my support package, can I do this for free (can I have access to the download link once more) or not? I can't locate it. Thanks!

9 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Rachel,

for test site, you can still download jomsocial package at jomsocial.com > "My Account". after downloaded you can install it on your test site. and you can put test site login detail by editing your first post at this topic and put it at site info form.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński