Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Guest Unable to View Groups

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

I just upgraded to 3.2.1.5 on my site and have a report from a user that they are not able to get into groups until they log in. I have confirmed that guests are not able to view groups. It appears to be SEO related as there is a (new) uri added to the url that makes the address not resolve on the server.

www.ridescw.com/ride-club/community/grou...ewgroup/25-fat-bikes (<--- guest NOT able to view group)
www.ridescw.com/ride-club/community/grou...ewgroup/25-fat-bikes (<--guest able to view group)

I am not sure where the "0-a-guest" is coming from. I do have Joomla system SEF on but I do not see any other plugin or component on our system that would be doing SEF or SEO installed.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Bob,

May I know where can I get this link " www.ridescw.com/ride-club/community/grou...ewgroup/25-fat-bikes " in which page you click that link?

Also please provide me FTP access as well..

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

The link is from the groups listing of my Jomsocial section. The URL is
www.ridescw.com/ride-club/community/groups

But any way you can get to the listing for all groups will get you there. As soon as I can figure out where to put the ftp credentials I'll get them to you.

Thanks,
Bob

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I do have eXtplorer installed that you can access via the admin password if that helps in the short term.

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Bob,

Check my screenshoot, for my explanation, not sure it will solve but please try..

thank you

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Didn't work. I created a new menu item "Group2" with an id larger than the one indicated and that produces the same behavior. I've left Group2 in the menu items for you to see.

I do notice that the Jomsocial menu items have an unusual preface on the menu items including the new menu item that I created.

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Bob,

this issue caused by your menu structure, I suggest you rebuild it again.. this is what I suggest..
1. remove all jomsocial menus on another menu types and move them to trash
2. check your issue again
3. if fixed be carefull to create new menu for Jomsocial, avoid to create the duplicate menu, because I see lot of duplicate jomsocial menu to jomsocial home page right now

Please you read here for more explanation documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Toolbar_Explained

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I honestly do not think duplicate menus is the issue. Why? Because I've had this menu structure since 2009 (maybe even older than that) and have NEVER EVER had a problem with Jomsocial. Also, if I turn off Joomla SEF URLs everything works great. I do not believe this is a duplicate menu issue so I am not going to waist my time going down that path. The issue is that there is now a guest user added into the SEF URL that is not resolving.

The problem occurred when I upgraded from 3.2.1.3 to 3.2.1.5. I've learned not to change anything on my server for a couple weeks leading into a Jomsocial upgrade as I know kaos will ensue of late with JS after the upgrade. I do not want anything changing on the server so I can focus on JS issues. I've also learned to create a dev environment which I did. After I tested the upgraded everything looked fine to me. But when I went live, I was told by a couple people that they can not get into Groups unless they log in to the system which I did not catch until I heard about it.

So here again I've upgraded and there are issues. I'm more interested in why the Jomsocial menu's have "★ " preceding each menu item than duplicate menus. So let's focus on that.

Why is it that only Jomsocial menu items have this? That is more curious to me than duplicate menu items that have been there for years.

Why is it when I create a new menu item does Joomla put ★ in to the NEW menu item? Why is it when I rebuild the menu structure this does not go away?

Why does turning off SEF correct the problem? Hmm...

So let's try this...

Maybe the install got corrupted. Why don't you try uninstalling Jomsocial and re-installing with a fresh download and see what happens. Great suggestion, let's do that.

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I have uninstalled all parts of Jomsocial that I could find on my site. I re-installed with a clean download of 3.2.1.5. I have deleted all menus that reference Jomsocial except for the Jomsocial Toolbar (which I assume Jomsocial needs as I did not put that in my menu structure) and a SINGLE menu to go to the home page of Jomsocial. I had to re-link all the menu items in the Toolbar menu as the references get broken in the install (I know this is a Joomla issue).

I am unable to access groups as a guest. When I click any group from the groups listing page, I am returned back to the groups listing. Turning off Joomla SEF URLs fixes the problem and I am able to access groups as a guest.

At this point I am thinking of going back to my 3.2.1.3 install where everything worked and just wait out until a fix is found.
Bob

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I have just gone back to the backup I made before upgrade JS to 3.2.1.5 (I've learned my lesson about the bugs in Jomsocial now and ALWAYS have a plan B).

Guess what. Guests can access groups. Why? because the guest URL does not have the offending part in it. Amazing.

There is a bug in 3.2.1.5 that does not allow guests to access groups (on my system). I guess I'm the only one having the problem so I'm not sure what's going on. Here is the URL that is created on my 3.2.1.3 JS system that works just fine for guests.

3.2.1.3 URL for a guest:
www.ridescw.com/ride-club/community/grou...ewgroup/25-fat-bikes

And here is the URL with a 3.2.1.5 system of 5 minutes ago (before I downgraded) for a guest:
www.ridescw.com/ride-club/community/groups/ 0-a-guest/viewgroup/25-fat-bikes

Does not resolve on my system. There is NOTHING different with the host environment. The only change is Jomsocial. THIS IS NEW AS OF 3.2.1.5 (I missed the 3.2.1.4 so I don't know if it started there).

Bob
Only 19 days of support left for me. To renew or not to renew. That is the question.

9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your great investigation..

Anyway, so far you are the one only who reported this issue,I am sure this issue caused by our CRoute function + joomla menu structure

Well, I am not sure it will help, but if you want to use 3.2.1.5 please you go ahead, and then replace all codes inside function CRoute::_() in 3.2.1.5(line 1180) with CRoute::_() in 3.2.1.3

thank you

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ah, do you look at the support forums? A quick look shows 3 reports of this problem on the first page. Shall I include links to the other folks having the same issue?

Yesterday I deleted every single reference to Jomsocial in my menus and created a single menu. I turned off all caches and cleared browser caches. I confirmed that the only menu was a single menu titled "Community" to get to Jomsocial in the Main Menu Structure. Same issue. Guest can not access groups due to an errant reference in the URL.

So I went back and re-built my site to what it was. Still the same issue. Then I elected to downgrade to 3.2.1.3 and viola. No error. The code for how a guest SEF URL is created with groups has changed from 3.2.1.3 to 3.2.1.5. I missed the 3.2.1.4 so I do not know if it happens there.

You can see my site as a 3.2.1.5 site at j3.ridescw.com and you will see that guests can not access any group.

So here's what I've done. I have installed a brand spanking new version of Joomla 2.5.27. I have installed Jomsocial Pro 3.2.1.5. In the installation I had demo data installed so the site would have some content. There is nothing else installed. I have created no menus. There is only a single access point for Jomsocial.

jan2014.ridescw.com/

There is a single group that I created as admin. Go ahead and try to get into the group from any way you want within Jomsocial as a guest. The problem is there.

THERE IS A BUG IN JOMSOCIAL 3.2.1.5 (well actually I have a couple that are show stoppers). Why is it so hard to try to help iJoomla A) admit there is a bug and B) get a fix?

Bob

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I also have put up a plain Jane Joomla 3.3.6 install with Jomsocial 3.2.1.5 and same problem. Same admin user and password as the demo site if you want to look at the back end.

j333.ridescw.com
Bob

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriele
9 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

ah ah ah... you right, finally I able to replicate it on our newest code.. I alraedy added to our bug list.. I will provide you the patch once our dev fix this

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński